Thursday, April 20, 2006

Talk me down off the ledge...

I have frogged 2 skeins, re-knit one and frogged it again. This time i didn't like how the side shaping was going. I can't understand how I can knit 6 inches of the body after casting on the center stitches in front and still have only 3 inches of the front done! I know it's not possible, but the front just never seemed to progress. Round and round I would go, and the front stayed at about 3 inches...

The yarn I am using for the SC is Lion Brand Micro spun. My hands have never cramped on a project before, but this time I am constantly stretching them out. I think it is because I almost always knit on wool and that has some tooth to it. Being as it is soft and slippery, I have to hold the micro-fiber yarn a LOT tighter. Result;hand cramping.

I may not finish this by the end of the month.

I am taking a little break and swatching with some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece to give myself a break. Ahhhhhhhhh, it's so nice to knit with.

1 comment:

JustApril said...

I have to use bamboo with cotton, so it's not so slippery, it makes a BIG difference for me. I love my bamboo needles, I'm adding to my collection every time I order from Knit Picks =) - 2 more circs, every order. I'm greedy with them now! lol