Monday, April 24, 2006

Knit Along Updates

Hi Everybody! I noticed a few people were wondering when the official end of the knit along is. I think that we'll have the knit along last until the end of May for those who need a little extra time. We'll start taking nominations for the next knit along towards the end of May and will aim to start it in June. This gives folks a chance to catch up on some other knitting projects before the next knit along. We'll also have a drawing (or two) for those who participated in this knit along, so stay tuned for details coming up soon.

Also, it's been suggested by Jan that the next knit along be a "free pattern" knit along. It's also been suggested that we do one free and one "paid" pattern, however unless we have a really close tie (like we did with Orangina and SC) I really think it's easier to do one pattern at a time. That being said, I like the idea of doing a "free pattern" knit along with our nominations consisting of only "free" patterns however I'm interested in getting everybody else's opinion as well. As opposed to having everybody leave me comments here saying "yae" or "nae", I thought we would have a quick "yae" or "nae" vote! So, here we go. Assuming we will do one pattern only for the next knit along, how many of you think the idea of a "free pattern" only knit along is a good idea? Vote "yae" if you think it's a good idea, and "nae" if you don't. If the majority of you like the idea, we'll consider doing it. The voting will last for 5 days, so spread the word to the other sexy knitters to come and cast their vote! BTW, you're still welcome to leave comments regarding how you feel about a "free pattern" only knit along or other suggestions as well as casting your vote!

Do you favor a "free pattern" only knit along?

Yae

Nae

Free polls from Pollhost.com

13 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

Can I be a total Libra and suggest alternating between free patterns and "paid for" patterns?

Anonymous said...

Great idea "Lady"!

Liz said...

Maybe a dual knit along like the current one. One free pattern and one purchased pattern? I think have two options allows more people to participate becuase in a group this big its hard to find just one.
Just my 2 cents.

Erica Bunker said...

A free pattern would be nice. Here is a suggestion, one I've been wanting to do since I first saw it: http://www.magknits.com/Apr06/patterns/calla.htm

Unknown said...

I think alternating between paid and free or having one of each per KAL is a great idea. There aren't *that* many free sexy patterns out there and we would use them all up pretty quickly. Also, not all of us...uh...voluptous and statuesque women would want to wear them... ;) And that is just my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of free patterns but ONLY free patterns! That is a bit extreme. I love the Somewhat Cowl and I love Calla. Alternating between the two I think is a great idea. Besides, who said that this KAL is mandatory?!?!

Unknown said...

Another idea....Books. There are some wonderful patterns in books out there. And for those who can't afford to purchase the book there is the local library where you can borrow the book.

allie said...

I agree with Cheri: free patterns are nice, but it's a little rigid to say ONLY free patterns. Picking one free and one purchased pattern for each KAL would work too. Just do what's best for the group.

Heidi said...

I'm not a member yet (because I was pregnant until two weeks ago). Just wanted to throw out the suggestion for Bonne Marie's newest pattern, CeCe, which is $4.95 online.

http://www.chicknits.com/catalog/cece.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi and thanks for the pattern suggestion. But... are you implying that you weren't sexy while you were pregnant??? Hope not ;-)

Robin said...

Really like Calla! I like the book idea too - although it depends on how you define "book" - the Rowan/Debbie Bliss/etc. books aren't usually in the library. Love those though!

Sheryl said...

I don't have a preference over buying one pattern or using a free one, but I wouldn't want to be required to buy a whole book...

Sherri said...

I know I'm new here, but I thought I'd pop in with my 2cents ... calla is VERY pretty!! I don't mind buying a pattern, but I'd like to avoid buying an entire book. This site has more pattern than I can go thru in a day, and they are free: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php