Thursday, April 27, 2006

Finished...and started another one...



Three things about this finished Somewhat Cowl:

1. My first top-down sweater.
2. My first knit-a-long.
3. The first sweater I won't frog.

I've knit three or four sweaters, but never been satisfied with them and have frogged them all. I never thought about trying a top-down sweater before, but I love the concept. All the exciting decisions get to be made first, and you can try it on all along. Sleeves, the collar and sweater bottom can be added after the important and hard-to-fit areas are already knit to your specifications--saving hours of knit time!

I wish you could see the bottom of the skirt in the picture. It has a lovely batik print with a dark red pattern and the sweater picks it up nicely.



Liked it so much I started another one--this yarn is a different weight and has been knit into two other sweaters. But I think in this pattern, it has found its home and won't be frogged and stashed again.

6 comments:

Tiger Feet said...

what kind of treatment did you use on your cowl neck? It looks great, but different from some of the others - did you just do a little ribbing? Well done, however you did it!

ColorSlut said...

Congrats. They both look wonderful!!!

Dr. Spaulding said...

Yes, I just did a little ribbing. I experimented with a short-row cowl neck, and then a cowl neck with increases, but it just didn't lay right. I think the next somewhat cowl will be a V-neck. Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

I love the color and really like the different neckline. Nice option.

Lara said...

Just beautiful! I love that color.

Sheryl said...

Love the neckline treatment!