Sunday, April 16, 2006

Somewhat Limbo

I am at the point in the pattern where each row seems to last forever. If Blogger was able to upload my photos right now, I would show the pictures from yesterday morning and today.
Yesterday

Today Can you see the difference?
At least 2-3 hours of knitting in between the 2 photos - sigh.

A question for those who have made much more progress than I - when you put the cowl on, it tightens up the neckline. Does it make a big difference in how tight the sweater is below the neckline? Does it shorten the length of the sweater much? I'm wondering if I should finish the cowl part of the sweater before doing the body, so that I can tell whether or not I want to do some waist shaping, and how long I should make the body.

1 comment:

ICJ said...

That is the boring part of the sweater you are working on right now... LOL

To answer your question, I guess it depends on the number of stitches you pick up along the neckline...

I picked up the number of stitches instructed in the pattern and my sweater pulled up about an inch up when I ribbed the collar...

Keep in mind also that your collar is going to be 3 inches thick...

Hope this helps... :)