Sunday, April 23, 2006

Somewhat Cowl!

Okay, the photo is a bit more "dorky" than "sexy", but here it is:



I knit the 36" size, and used Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Moss, 5 skeins and a bit of a 6th. I shortened the raglan seam according to Wendy's revised pattern, and picked up 8 more stitches around the cowl, but that's it for changes. In retrospect, it would have been neat to add short rows (the front is a bit shorter than the back when it's on, primarily because of "the girls"), but the fit is excellent. I really enjoyed knitting this pattern, and will be looking at some of Wendy's other patterns as well. I also loved the Silky Wool, which is cooler to wear than I expected. Since I have so much yarn left, I may pick up the sleeves above the ribbing and make 3/4 length sleeves, but I haven't decided yet. And I have to make my Orangina first!

More details on my blog.

7 comments:

Becky said...

That looks great on you. And it is sexy, too! Nice job.

mary said...

Congrats on finishing your SWC. The green looks great on you! Did you know the silky wool is on sale right now at WEBS? great deal!

snowdrop said...

Looks great and the colour is pefect! The cowl turned out lovely, I'm a bit worried about mine... That's the enxt step!

Ling said...

Hi. It looks great and sexy! THe colour is fab too! Can't wait to try silky wool.

Anonymous said...

Great color and great sweater.

ICJ said...

Good job and great color as well!

I see on the photo that you also have this little "scrumble thing" between the neck line and the armhole...

I think your sweater looks great on you! :)

allisonmariecat said...

Thank you, everyone! I wore this again yesterday, and it's so comfortable and everyone asks where I got it.

Yes, a bit of a scrumble (good word!)...maybe a need for short rows if you're more than a C cup? I think that might be the problem there, but it doesn't bother me much.

Oh, and my husband "helped" out by discovering that a firm tug on the cowl will make it stay out in a more low-cut position :) Funny, it's one of the few times he's been really, really interested in my knitting.