Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oragina Sizing Help - Never Mind

Hi Ladies,

I've cast on for Orangina size 42 yesterday. Things are going well and Im about 4" into it. However, when I put my wip up to my shoulders it seems huge! Can someone guide me as to how I should be sizing this bad boy? I don't if I should do it according to my bust size, or should I measure across my shoulders and make it according to that measurement. I was having fun with Orangina, but I'm gonna put it down until I can figure this out.

ETA: I ended up frogging my start, and re-casting on. With my husbands help, he advised me to just make it the length across from shoulder to shoulder. He said I should follow the measurements of the t-shirt I had on, considering it looked as if it would fit the same. For once, I listened to what he said. I re-cast on 76 instead of 139. This time I'm working both the back and the front simultaneously, and I'm back at 3". So far it's moving along nicely.

Necia

Thanks
necia

1 comment:

Marji said...

That's what I did. I ripped the whole after getting in a couple of inches and realizing that the width pretty much went from elbow to elbow. There was no way that it would magically somehow get narrower later.