Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sexy Little Knits

The other day I received an email from a literary agent specializing in craft books who asked if I (as the founder of the Sexy Knitters Club) would be interested in having them mail me several copies of a new book (due to be released in early May) to offer as prizes for future SKC knit alongs. Would I??? Shyeah!!! So, I introduce to you a fantabulous little book called Sexy Little Knits, Chick Designs to Knit and Crochet by Ashley Paige.

Sexylittleknits

The agent said she was going to send me 5 copies of the book, however today when the package was delivered via Fedex, the driver told me that the package had become open in transit and some of the original contents might be missing. I think she's right because there were only 3 copies of the book enclosed in the re-sealed envelope and one of those was damaged. Anyway... I'm hoping the agent will send me a few more copies, but for now we've got 2 copies of this book to offer our Sexy Knitters for future SKC knit along prizes! Woohoo!!! I've already given the book a thorough "scanning" and it looks awesome so far!

Img_2925In other knitting news, I've been working on Bambooina for the knit along, and she's slowly coming along. And since this is my third time to make this top, I'm not even going to ATTEMPT knitting monogamy, and therefore have cast on for Wendy's Fad-Classic in (believe it or not) the called for yarn, Tahki Cotton Classic. I'm about 5" done with the shoulder bands and am really enjoying the pattern so far.

And last but not least, if you haven't already heard, April from Coffee Crazy Knitters (and one of our first sexy knitters), who's recently gotten back in touch with her creative side, has a new knitting podcast called Knit 2 B Tied. She's doing a fantastic job, so go check it out and tell her Jeanie sent you!

9 comments:

illanna said...

Oooh I think that book will be great. When is the deadline for finishing our sweaters?

LadyLungDoc said...

suuuuure...the package "just happened to rip open in transit"...I'm thinking that the concept of a whole book of sexy projects was just too much to resist. Don't be too surprised if you start to see the delivery guy wearing cute little cardigans
;)

KeanaLee said...

WOW! That is so awesome....I can't wait for the book to come out, did they give you a release date? I might be able to knit a bikini in time for Mexico! or in Mexico!

knitncycle said...

I love it!! It's great that the SKC has gained that much attention!

The Cope Family said...

That is so cool! How great that the publisher is sending books!

Heck, I'd even take the damaged one off your hands :)

JustApril said...

Thanks SO much for the plug, Jeanie! You really made a difference in how many people are visiting my little podcast blog. =) I hope they all like listening to it.

Unknown said...

OMGosh how fun!!!

Angela said...

Cool! Love this blog! Sounds like a really tight community of knitters.

Cheers!
angela

Teresa said...

I just got this book from Amazon a couple weeks ago. It's great! I'm not sure where to start, but I was hoping that if anyone else has this book, they might like to share what their first project has been, any yarn substitutions, problems along the way, etc...
One question I have is: anyone out there with a large enough cup size to experience this problem, please respond. I find that halter tops (bikinis included) put a lot of weight on the back of my neck and I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions?

Thanks!