Wednesday, April 12, 2006

SC update - and a question

Well, I'm probably at the back of the pack with my Somewhat Cowl - so much going on these days that my knitting time has really dropped off. Anyway, I'm using Elann's Peruvian Collection Quechua, the alpaca and tencel blend in Saxony Teal - very pretty and soft. Had to drop down to size 3 needles to get gauge, though, so it's feeling like lots of stitches - and way lots of stitches - to get there.

I'm just now to the point where I place the sleeve stitches on a holder (string) and CO 2, pm, CO 2, knit across back.

My question is this - when I do the CO2 (under the arm, I think is where they end up, should I use a knit cast on? and then once I cast them on, do I immediately place them on my right hand needle, or leave them on the left hand needle and knit them? I was noodling this out last night and couldn't quite get it right - seemed my newly cast on stitches were quite loose. Cats on my lap and dogs underfoot and DH wiggling on the couch and Thief on TV didn't help much. I'll revisit this evening and hopefully have some nice answers from you guys on this.

Lastly, no matter what I do, I cannot simply post a comment on this forum! I get stuck in a perpetual loop of enter user name, enter password, type code letters in box, go to new screen showing my user name and requesting I type in the code letters, which then brings me to another screen insisting I enter my user name and password and the code letters...just a cycle. Grrr....

What's a sexy but frustrated girl to do?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one using size 3 needles! Technically it isn't any more stitches than anyone else, but it sure as heck feels like it! And I haven't even gotten to joining at the armpits yet *sigh* I sliced my finger open the other day, and knitting with a bandaid on my left middle finger is just awkward...lol