Sunday, April 09, 2006

Orangina progress


Well, Gyrid is finished, (you can see it on my blog) so now I can focus some more time on Orangina.
After all my swatching with cottons, I ended up casting this on with Katia's Sevilla, a nylon ribbon. It is gorgeous, and of course the only way I would ever consider wearing nylon is in a top this lacey that will allow the garment to breathe - but it sure is pretty. Fortunately I had the foresight to put the ribbon spool into a plastic ziplock baggie before starting to knit. The ribbon just falls off the sk, however (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems yet with tangles as the small baggie keeps it pretty much controlled.
Because of the diff between my shoulder width and my bust circumference, I am knitting this right now so that it just goes out over the edges of my shoulders, and plan to cast on 9 or 18 st on each side when I get to where I'll start seaming, to create a bit of an armhole opening. I realize it may be a bit weird with the scallop under my arm, but, If I were to cast on enough to manage the circumference I need at the bust, the cap sleeve on this would be to my elbow. I'll let you know how it works out.
I also scored a cami the perfect color to go under this while shopping last week with a friend.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Lovely! I too have a larger bust under smallish shoulders so do keep us updated on how your adjustments to the pattern work out.

Becky said...

Beautiful color and your stitching is perfect.