Monday, April 10, 2006

New to Club

HI ladies, WOW I am in awe of the amazing and beautiful things I have seen here so far. I know I would be getting a late start, but the Orangina looks gorgeous! l have been wanting to try something like that. However, I can't seem to find a link to where I find/purchase the pattern? What yarn is the best to use, etc. The Somewhat Cowl looks cool too. I probably wouldn't make either for myself right now, unless they have Big Mama sizes? I could still KAL if I could get pointed in the right direction? Please?!? Thanks so much! (OK I think I found the patterns....44 is the largest...hum. Well I can either 1. make it for my daughter or sister or 2. make it to fit me after the weight loss is complete....HELP! What should I do???)

Currently I am working on a shrug using Shine in Watermelon (pima cotton/modal blend). Very sexy. :)

And now a little about myself....
I am a yarn addict. I have a scrapbook layout I did all about my inability to walk into a store and avoid the yarn isle. How I am instictively drawn to the stores with yarn onsale. I am now completely addicted to Knit Picks online store and have purchased a box a week for the last month! (in all honesty one box was mostly my husbands....really!)

I have 3 children, 4 if you count my hubby. We are a theatre family--so knitting is perfect for "downtime". I usually have at least 3 or 4 projects going at once. We also have 3 cats and one French Angora bunny rabbit. I have quite a bit of fur and some day I will get around to spinning....We are extremely busy and I like it that way. My husband is a programmer/web designer/developer by day and singing with the opera in the evenings. He knitting his first solo project--a Dr. Who scarf.

Thanks for your help and letting me be part of this great club! We all like to feel sexy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OK I think I found the patterns at least....sorry! There is just so much info on this site!

Unknown said...

I will have to take a pic, he is about 8 inches into it. It is the famous Tom Baker season 13 scarf, if that means anything to you, has about 8 different colors and is around 13 feet long! Purple, camel, olive, rust, mustard, blue-grey, green grey-I may be missing a color. LOL

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I can totally understand the wish to knit a smaller size. That is what I am doing. I am knitting the size I am going to be. That way I have all these great things to wear when I get there! And the motivation to get there increases because you have spent so much time on them.

Unknown said...

Ok, I think I will order Orangina and look through my stash....if I knit the largest size I could wear it sooner...but then I may not have it as long... *sigh* too many choices! Thanks Molly!

Jan said...

Oh I love that scarf! Welcome to the group.