Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Matcha-ina is born!

I have chosen my yarn, I have swatched, and I have cast on!
I am using Rowan 4 Ply Cotton in "Cooking Apple", and the lovely pale green reminds me of japanese matcha powder. Thus, the Matcha-ina :)

I have never actually swatched before ( I am so bad!), but I really wanted to do this right, so swatch I did.
I have know idea if I did it right or not, but I think I got the gauge exactly , so I guess we'll find out after I've spent 3 months knitting it.
As I am knitting this while watching Grey's Anatomy Season One, I hope I don't screw up the lace...










4 comments:

ec said...

I was so tempted by the Cooked Apple, but the color looked kind of whonky in all the pictures online... (That's the problem with not having a substantial LYS...)

The color is really beautiful though and yay for Matcha, mmmm....

Jade said...

Oh, I am so envious. I wanted to knit mine using 4 ply cotton in Cooking apple too. But finally, I decided to use the 4 ply soft in my stash instead. It will make for a warm tank top.

Jan said...

I love that color! But it reminds me of Wasabi powder, so if I were making it I'd have to call it the Wasabinna!

Heather said...

Oooh, very pretty, I love the color! And I've also been watching the Grey's Anatomy Season One DVD and have been knitting to it every night after everyone goes to bed. Can't wait to see how it turns out!