Monday, April 03, 2006

Questions and Comments

From reading all the posts I decided to make the Orangina in a coral color (yarn from knitpicks.com). I got the pattern and am now just waiting for the yarn to show up. Thanks for all the posts on it. I'm pretty excited to get going.

Now for my question. This past weekend I had a small dinner party. My husband invited a couple of his friends and I a couple of mine. I was showing one of my girlfriends the projects that I had just finished when my husband's friend said, "I just don't want to be one of those types of people." And I said, "What type of person?". She said, "The type of person who knits." This whole conversation left me at a loss. What is "that type of person??" She couldn't really explain what she meant. Was this a rude comment? Or just someone who is oblivious? Thanks for the help sexy knitters!

Keep up the great work and all the inspiration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh?
"The type of person who knits"

Meaning...

"The type of person who spends her time doing something more productive than watching television"?

"The type of person who creates beautiful and useful things"?

Um....

Maybe she has some sort of knitter-related trauma in her past?

ICJ said...

Some people simply think that knitting is a waste of time when you can buy things already made in stores...

"That type of person" just don't know what they miss if you want my humble opinion...

Mary, Mary... said...

"The type of person who knits?" Uhm, I didn't know there was a 'type.' If you put all of us in a shopping mall we'd probably not even recognize each other.I don't want to be the kind of person who stereotypes;) but...best thing to do is shrug it off

Unknown said...

Maybe she doesn't feel 1. creative, 2. "domestic"--or sees knitting that way, 3. Doesn't get it. It sounds like all of the above. I agree with Tracy, maybe it is something above couch potato or seen as "un-sexy" by her....maybe the grandma thing or she is just jealous. You would be surprised the things jealous people say. You create beauty with "little sticks" and then are able to wear it well, get compliments and say, "I MADE IT" when it looks like it came from a ritzy store. Time to just say, NEXT. And of course console yourself with new yarn and another great project!