Thursday, April 06, 2006

Daisy Yellow SC - Progression

Reminder, I am making the Somewhat Cowl using Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn and needles #5US.



This is my Somewhat Cowl yesterday about an inch after I joined the front. I joined 1/2 inch sooner than instructed and it looks fine to me so far...

BUT, it is clearly visible on the photo that I made the armholes too big!

I guess I should have increased for only 10 inches only instead of 11... but I kept going anyway thinking that I might be able to fix the problem later...

The body was also too large but I used my Picovoli waist shaping experience to make it fits me more closely and I am pretty happy with the result!




Now, this is my Somewhat Cowl this morning... My 3 year-old took the photo!

I only made one sleeve (I was too curious to see how it would look) and although I made some decreases underarm it is still too big... Besides, I forgot to switch to smaller needles for ribbing 2/2! I will fix that...

The "cowl" still meets my expectation at this point.

I only picked up 146 stitches on each side instead of 160 as I don't want the neckline to be too wide because I am small chested and I have youngs kids to take care of and I spend most of my time bent over...

Conclusion:
So, I guess I have 2 options: keep going and finish this lose fitting version, just to see how it is going to look or ripp it off and make the smaller size now...

What do you think?

I also have another question: When I joined in the round and casted on the center portion of the cowl (5+5 sts), I realized that I had in fact 12 stitches less in front than in back...

Is it supposed to be that way to wide up the cowl or did I do something wrong somewhere?




6 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooof. That's a tough decision. It looks like you're a quick knitter - maybe just rip back to the armhole depth you want, and go from there?

ICJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ICJ said...

Thank you, Wendy! I feared you would say that... LOL

I will keep an eye open on the update...

Mary, Mary... said...

Peg Bundy push-up bra? The kiddoes won't know the difference.
I guess you'll have to rip it--but all is not lost. You've got me thinking about my raglan shaping/depth. thanks.

ICJ said...

LOL!!! I don't care about showing my bra to my kids! LOL!!!

I only want to avoid showing too much of it to adults while playing or carrying with my little ones! LOL

In 2 words, I want a "Sexy Mommy" top! ;D

Good luck with your SC! :)

Going back to my riping now... hee heeeeee

yahaira said...

Rip! Rip and knit a shorter raglan length and maybe not cast on those pesky underarm stitches.

It looks like this top is going to be great on you though once you get it fitting the way you want :)