Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Orchid Somewhat Cowl

I was planning on knitting the silk corset top and watch you lovely ladies on this KAL, but the more I saw the more I realized that it would be a perfect Mother's Day present for my Momma. So the yarn for the silk corset top sits neglected in my stash, while the Somewhat Cowl is burning up my needles!
yarn: Knit Picks Shine
content: 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal
50 grams/110 yards
color:Orchid
needles: sz.5 circular (body-so far)
casted on Saturday, April 8
my opinion so far: I love this project! It is nice to be able to knit a pattern and not have to stress about each stitch. Especially since this is the first sweater I have knit for someone else! I am stressed enough about that. I love the way this cotton blend feels-I keep petting it while working. I got about this far on the first skein.

4 comments:

snowdrop said...

That's about how far my yarn got me in my Somewhat Cowl, too! Yours is in a great colour... Love it!

Unknown said...

That is so pretty! What a special gift. I will eventually have to make one of these as well.

Dr. Spaulding said...

I love that color. I'm not sure I could bear to give it away!

Anonymous said...

Is this the worsted weight Shine or the sport weight? I assume you got the correct gauge and am thinking about using Shine for one of these as well...