Friday, April 28, 2006

Somewhat Close!


Well, the end is in sight for me - FINALLY! What a crazy month this has been. We got a second location for our shop, expanded the business, are now cleaning two buildings in addition to running two galleries, and are also completely redoing the kitchen. Right down to the drywall! All this activity has seriously cut into my knitting time, which makes me ever so grateful for the completion extension!

But now, the shops are both open and running well, we are hanging cabinets in the morning and evening, and it's still quiet enough during the day to knit some rows! Voila - my very own Somewhat Cowl.

The color is off in the picture - I'm working this up in Elann's Peruvian Collection Quechua in Saxony Teal, a greyed down teal that is more blue than green, but not as slate as the picture seems to show. What a terrific pattern - I tried it on as I went, shortened the raglan seams as recommended, and incorporated the waist shaping. Now I'm about 3/4 of an inch into the bottom ribbing - gotta tell ya, it feels like it's taking FOREVER on the size 2s I've got going. I"m looking forward to binding off, and then completing the sleeves and neckline. I'll make the sleeves just a bit shorter than elbow length, and work the cowl as specified. Really looking forward to wearing this - at least once or twice before it is just too warm!

No comments: