Sunday, April 09, 2006



Hey Everyone - well, I well on my way to knitting The Somewhat Cowl. I love the pattern. I know some people are having problems with the raglan depth. I am not sure if mine fits the bill or not. As you can see there is a bit of creasing. I suppose it is a bit loose but it feels comfortable. I would really hate to frog back....I love the way it fits around my rib cage. But, I will if I need to. Another problem...about half way through the ribbing on the completed sleeve I accidently purled a rib that was supposed to knitted. It is very obvious. Would it be possible to unbind the sleeve and then drop the two stitches down, correct the purls to knits and then bring them back up with a crochet hook? I know I can do the dropping thing but I have never had to "unbind" anything. The other option is to frog down to that point.
Your suggestions would be helpful! I enjoy see everyone's WIP's. I am also knitting Orangina but it is going much slower. I completed Picovoli a few weeks ago and need to show it off. I LOVE this.....I plan on knitting another in black.

8 comments:

Rae said...

The Picovoli is beautiful! Now I want to make one.

Dharmafey said...

I think it's GREAT the way it fits you. Now that's what I'm looking for in mine! It is really quite easy (though disconcerting) to drop down just one stitch and correct it with a crochet hook. Just tink to that stitch, drop it and let it ladder down and then use that ol' hook to wrangle that stitch into submission. Wendy might tell you to have a little gin and tonic before to warm yourself up ;)

Dharmafey said...

Oh! And in my (very little) experience dropping down and fixing stitches, I found it much easier to do ONE stitch at a time.

Unknown said...

Just gorgous!!!! I love the color for Picovoli, wow!

ICJ said...

I think your SC looks great!

You don't need to frog down to fix your little mistake. Just undo that stitch and work it right with a crochet hook. You will never know which stitch you fixed afterward!

Your Picovoli looks wonderful! I made mine same color as yours and I am ready to make another one soon! GREAT pattern, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It IS sexy!

snowdrop said...

Beautiful Picovoli... And your Somewhat Cowl's looking great, too!

yarnahoy said...

Beautiful orange!
I'm on the prowl for a pattern for some hand dyed cotton lycra boucle I have & I'm very tempted now!
:)