Friday, January 13, 2006

Picovoli in Luna

I haven't made much progress, but Jeanie wanted to see Picovoli done in Luna. Here's how it looks so far.

(Please overlook the shoddy knitting I am a beginner.) I am enjoying knitting this. As far as the Luna, the shiny strand tends to split off easily and I have lots of snags that I'm trying to tuck to the back. The dull strand is quite a contrast to the shiny one.
.
I spent quite a bit of time trying to get gauge, but proceeded with size US 5 Denise circulars. I tried doing the provisional cast-on, but was not successful with it. And since I have so little experience, I was not sure which direction to proceed from there anyway. (I have lots of experience reading crochet patterns, which helps immensely, but knitting...not so much.) So I am technically doing the Tivoli with the straight edge, I guess. I will probably do a row of single crochet at the edges or just iron it well. Any suggestions are welcome.

I am enjoying knitting this because I love to learn new things. It is rather challenging not using a beginner's pattern. Slowly, but surely ... I can't wait to see how this turns out!

1 comment:

gaysknits said...

your luna looks the same as mine what color is it? and i think your doing great. i am always trying new castons and stitches & i always look up the directions on the internet, and usually in the middle of the row!!!one of my favorites is on about.com