Thursday, January 26, 2006

pico - c'est fini!




C'est fini! This is Endless Summer Luna in Burnished Clay, size 4 needles, a little over 4 skeins. I like the fit but the neckline is the part I would try something different - its a bit too loose and I realize I need to do a little more steam iron blocking - I did a knit cast on and I think I would do a crochet cast on with a smaller needle for my next one - yes, someday I do plan to make another in a silver metallic. This is my second sweater and first one in the round so my expectations for myself weren't too high. I did initially do a provisional and some picots but found that I'm not a picot girl, yet I admire them on others. Thanks for everyone who helped and answered my questions. Looking forward to the next project!

10 comments:

~Jody said...

Wow it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! And I sort of like the drapey neck line!!! Not bad at all! May I ask what size you made your top in? You look about my size, but I like the way yours fits better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful! It's the same yarn and color as Jeanie, right? I hope you enjoy wearing the top, I like the drapey neckline, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and would you like this to be in the gallery? E-mail me if you would.

knitncycle said...

It looks soooo nice! I really love the color! I also plan to make a second one of these. I also like the drapey neck--looks really elegant on.

JustApril said...

Very pretty fit! Nice waist hugging action, too! The neck does look pretty, but I can see how it might feel uncomfortable to you. Since I have a toddler that likes to yank my top up or down at the most embarrassing moment, I'd have to have a tighter fit! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks all! It's always nice to get a pat on the back! Thanks Grumperina - I would be honored to be a part of the designer's gallery! I made the size 32 and it did stretch a bit after blocking and wearing for awhile. I think the yarn is the same as Jeanie but a different color?

Off the subject a bit...the individual who made the first comment...As I like to look at blogs of other knitters, I made the mistake of clicking on his name and reading his profile...a little freaky...does anyone else find this a bit disturbing?

Anonymous said...

OMG RedDog.... I'm on it (in other words, he's outta here)! I'm so sorry this slipped by me, and thank you SO much for bringing it to my attention!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!!!

. said...

Looks great on you! Good job!