Tuesday, January 24, 2006

i don't know about this underarm...

i've finally finished the sleeves and have cast on the underarm stitches the recomended way BUT i did not, as recommended, pick up an extra stitch and then knit two together at each end. i don't know why i didn't but i just cast on 17 stitches and knitted them without any fancy needle work. i don't think i like it, it doesn't seem seamless to me but i tried it on and when the sweater is stretched out on me i like it better so i think i'll knit on and not rip out. i think i will anyway, haven't decided yet. did everyone else do that underarm thing... or not?

1 comment:

knitncycle said...

Hey, I picked up and knitted together but I have a tendency to not get tight enough tension when I do a cast on like that which leaves me with a real gap-like look. I haven't tried on yet so we'll see.