Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pico Progress

Well, I just got done reading Otter's entry and Grumperina's answers, and I have a confession... I'm more confused than ever. I don't know what I did when I got to the mid row cast on, but it doesn't sound like I did anything even close to what they were talking about. Here's a pic of my Pico so far -- remember, this is my second attempt (the first was frogged after I accidentally knit two rows even in a row).

This time I'm using Endless Summer's Luna and at first I wasn't sure it was going to be stretchy enough, but now I'm liking it quite a bit. I'm a bit further now than I was when I took this picture earlier today and am now below the bust...

As I said, I'm not sure if I did my mid-row cast on correctly, but all I know is that somehow I managed to get another 20 stitches onto the right needle and then just kept knitting around... Then when I came back around to the cast on stitches, I just knit them as usual. Have I done irreparable damage???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness! I doubt you did anything wrong. I just put that in the pattern because, IMO, it came out looking quite neat. On the Tivoli I used the twisted loop (I think sometimes called backward loop) CO, and it worked just fine. It's in your armpit, no one will inspect :) :).

knitncycle said...

Hey! Looks great so far! I might have to pick up some Luna for a camisole I want to make.

Anonymous said...

I'm using endless summer luna too and having sooooo much curling....your's seems really straight and even???? It looks like you have a provisional cast on...is that helping the curling or have you blocked a bit?

Anonymous said...

Kathy -- I haven't looked ahead through the pattern, but will I be doing any kind of "trim" on that part of the arm pit? I also don't remember seeing anything in the pattern about the mid-row cast on like what you described to Otter before... did I miss that somewhere?

Red Dog... I haven't blocked at all and I don't think the provisional cast on made a difference regarding the curling. I think the reason it looks fairly straight in the pic is because it's "on" the mannequin and is being pulled straight. Yours will probably be fine once you put it on. What size needle are you using? I used a size 4.

Anonymous said...

I used a size four as well, thanks for the reassurance and I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Catherine Kerth said...

i love your model! i think i may have my husband make a bust like that for me :) lookin' good! love the smooth look of that luna yarn!

gaysknits said...

i'm glad to hear you're liking the yarn, i finally started mine with luna and size 4's and love the results so far. i'll post pics when i get more than a few inches done!!!i'm a little s l o w on this one! i also love your mannequin and i want onetoo!

Amy said...

Your pico is looking great! I love the mannequin.

Anonymous said...

I love the clappy in the background! I'm making one too - I'm more than 1/2 way finished.