Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Picovoli!

Hi everyone! I started Picovoli right before Christmas and wanted to show you a picture of my progress so far:


I'm using KnitPicks Shine yarn in Blush. I'm also doing the picot edge. It's turning out beautifully, I really love working with Shine. I wish they had more colors, I almost went with Cream but wanted some color.


I haven't had any problems with the pattern so far, it's been pretty straightforward. The provisional cast on was a little difficult, my first try didn't turn out so well but I got it right the 2nd time! I started with size US4 needles but switched to US5 after a few rows because I thought my guage was a little too tight. My guage is right on now and when I tried it on it fit well, maybe a little on the loose side!

I can't wait to see everyone else's progress!

6 comments:

YarnB said...

Heather, It looks great. Is blush like a baby pink color in person would you say?

Kati said...

Congrats on your progress, that looks great! I want to play along, I have some Shine in cloud laying around and I want to join the knitalong. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Thanks for the compliments! Blush is a little darker than baby pink. It's a medium pink, sort of pepto bismol pink. It is darker than it appears in my pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
That's the color I chose, except I am going to use Knitpicks Crayon. Got a great deal.
Now that I see it in my color - I REALLY can't wait to get started!
Too many UFOs.

LotusKnits said...

That looks great!!