Thursday, January 12, 2006

Finally!!

Some real progress to show y'all. I've had the darnedest time getting started on this little sweater, but finally after 3 tries doing a tubular c/o in the round and playing with the ribbing I got going. I also had some trouble with casting on for the underarm edge and had to pull a few rows out and do it again.
I'm adding ribbing around the neck, arms, and hem. I slipped the arm stitches onto waste yarn to start the ribbing and then I'm going to pick up an appropriate number of stitches around the underarm. I'm liking the ribbing so far. Hopefully it will look good around armhole too. I'm using Rowan Cashsoft dk in poison. Not a great pic, but you get the idea, right? I love seeing everyone else's progress pics, can't wait to see more!

Take care! Liz

3 comments:

knitncycle said...

Hey! I love that color and really like the ribbing!

~Jody said...

I like the ribbing! Did you do all the ribbing rows before you started the increases? I've been trying to decide what to do with mine because I don't like picots and I don't really like rolled edges either. So fill me in on what you did for your ribbing cuz it looks great!

Liz said...

I did a tubular cast on then 4 rows of 1x1 ribbing and then 1 row even and then started the increases. I used a needle 1 size bigger on the ribbing so it wouldnt be too tight and the neck opening wouldnt pull in so much. Hopefully the extra rows will look ok whens its all done.