Friday, January 13, 2006

My Decision

Okay, so I knew that the mistake of knitting two "even" rows in a row would always bug me...



so I frogged the whole thing...



and decided to start over in the Luna. The only thing is, as pretty as the Luna is, I'm not sure I'm going to like it for this particular top. After working with the Shine and enjoying it's "springy-ness" and stretch (which I think will be important for the negative ease to work in this sweater), the Luna has none of that. I'm wondering if it's going to stretch enough to even be able to get on over my shoulders, etc. I did a Google search for Endless Summer Luna, but couldn't find anybody else who's ever "written" about using it for any projects. So, I'm going to work with the Luna for a while to see how I like it. I already know however that I'll be re-casting on with the Shine on Monday because my friend Joe is going to be knitting one of these and is coming over so that I can help her get started (she's a new knitter and I think will need a little help with the provisional cast-on). So, if all goes well, I'll have TWO Picovoli's by the time the KAL's over. And if the Luna doesn't seem like it's going to stretch, then I'll just frog it and finish the one in Shine. Has anybody else ever knit an actual sweater out of the Endless Summer Luna or know someone who has? I'm thinking that Luna would be better in a shawl than in a sweater, but you just never know... will keep y'all posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made Knitty's Soleil out of Endless Summer Sonata, which I believe is quite similar.