Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jedi Mind Trick*

Hello again Sexy Knitters,
I do not have progress to report right now. I just have to share this recent experience - it is knitting related, but not Picovoli related, although I think Grumperina would approve. I hope it fits in here.

I was in Half Price Books tonight and came across the book "How to Knit" by Debbie Bliss. I know that somewhere I have read that this is a great reference book to have, so I thought I should have it. However, it was marked $14.95! At Half Price Books?!?! That didn't sound right to me. But I wanted it. I carried the book around while I shopped.

When it came time to check out I asked the man at the desk if he knew why this book cost so much - at first he speculated that it must be a new book, so he checked ... copyright 1999. He then said "This does seem high, this book should be about $5.98 - do you want to just go with that?" I nodded slightly and said "That sounds about right."

And there you have it - my first ever Jedi mind trick. I hope I can do it again sometime.

Thanks for listening,
Michelena

*or perhaps I am as sexy as I claim to be!

3 comments:

JustApril said...

That's hilarious!

"Too high a price this has... mmmmmmm..... LOWER it you will!"

hehehehehehe

Otter said...

I've done that!! Makes you just wanna go out and bend spoons!!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, great story! I go to Half Priced Books a lot. I'll have to try it too.