Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jedi Mind Trick*

Hello again Sexy Knitters,
I do not have progress to report right now. I just have to share this recent experience - it is knitting related, but not Picovoli related, although I think Grumperina would approve. I hope it fits in here.

I was in Half Price Books tonight and came across the book "How to Knit" by Debbie Bliss. I know that somewhere I have read that this is a great reference book to have, so I thought I should have it. However, it was marked $14.95! At Half Price Books?!?! That didn't sound right to me. But I wanted it. I carried the book around while I shopped.

When it came time to check out I asked the man at the desk if he knew why this book cost so much - at first he speculated that it must be a new book, so he checked ... copyright 1999. He then said "This does seem high, this book should be about $5.98 - do you want to just go with that?" I nodded slightly and said "That sounds about right."

And there you have it - my first ever Jedi mind trick. I hope I can do it again sometime.

Thanks for listening,
Michelena

*or perhaps I am as sexy as I claim to be!

5 comments:

JustApril said...

That's hilarious!

"Too high a price this has... mmmmmmm..... LOWER it you will!"

hehehehehehe

otter said...

I've done that!! Makes you just wanna go out and bend spoons!!

Melissa said...

that kicks ass

Michelena said...

April, excellent Yoda impression!

I have enjoyed this story all day. Now I'll just keep wishing for more time to knit! Maybe "the boss" will be my next vicitim!

Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

Oh, great story! I go to Half Priced Books a lot. I'll have to try it too.