Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Few Things

Hello All! There are a few things I'd like to mention before I post my Pico progress pics (say THAT ten times fast!). First, I'd like to request that we keep the blog entries focused on knitting (crochet's okay too), the Picovoli KAL, and SKC related topics. I'm afraid that if we begin to stray too much from these subjects, before we know it we'll have to begin to moderate and approve blog entries before they post and I really don't want to have to do that. So please please let's stay SKC topic oriented if possible.

Also, we will be having a drawing towards the end of the knit along (which will be winding up at the end of February) for all SKC members who joined in on the Picovoli KAL. Now, in order to be sure we have all the names for the drawing, here's what I need you to do. First, be sure you've posted your Picovoli progress here on this blog so that we know you're actually knitting along with us. Second, please send me an email with the subject entitled "Picovoli KAL" at yarnaholic1963@yahoo.com letting me know that you are actually participating in the KAL and include a link to your blog (or your entry on this blog) showing me your Pico progress. You don't have to actually be finished with your Picovoli by the end of February to be included in the drawing, but we do want to know that you're working on it ;-)

Okay, enough of the serious stuff. Here's a picture of my Picovoli so far. I thought I was about finished until I tried it on. Looks like I'm going to be adding on about another 16 rows or so, as I need at least two more inches on this baby. Yeah, I'm a sexy knitter, but I've also birthed 3 children and prefer tummy coverage when possible. Overall, I'm pleased with the way it's looking. I'm a little concerned that I might have just a smidge too much "negative ease" which is another way of saying it might be just a bit on the tight side, but not so much that I wouldn't wear it. I supposed some blocking might help, but to be honest, I was seriously considering not blocking this since it does rely so much on the negative ease and less on the way the sweater "lies". The Luna is working up nicely for this top and I would definitely recommend it. So hopefully I'll be working on adding the last couple of inches to the top this afternoon and will begin the pico trim tonight or tomorrow.

Knit on sexy knitters!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for saying something about the posts!
Your shirt is beautiful! I love the yarn ;)

knitncycle said...

Thank you thank you thank you for addressing the posts! The Luna looks stunning! You've made so much progress! BTW, I love your duct tape double! I have the instructions to make one but haven't done it yet. I hope to soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! The way you enter a post on the SKC site is to log into your blogger account. I believe you will then see a link to the SKC website and then you should see a "post" tab. If this is still confusing, feel free to IM me on Yahoo IM at yarnaholic1963 or AIM at the same username.

Thanks,
Jeanie

JustApril said...

From what I understand, it grows a little after you wash it, as cotton sometimes does - so if you make it tight, it will probably be just right later.

Becky said...

Yours looks great! I hope my Luna looks that good when it is done. I'm glad you mentioned adding some length. I had already thought about that being a possibility. One of the keys to sexy is to show off the most attractive parts, right? :)

emy said...

Seems like everyone is having fun! I will have to try and make time to join in, right after the Chinese New Year Celebrations here in Singapore!