Friday, January 06, 2006

Growing Impatient!

Hey everybody! I love seeing all the wonderful Picovoli progress -- they all look wonderful! In fact, they look so good that they're making me get very antsy to start one of my own but my yarn is still not here from KnitPicks. I originally ordered my yarn in early December but KnitPicks lost my order and after waiting for 3 weeks for it to arrive (which it never did of course), I had to re-order the yarn. And it's still not here. And I want to START. So I need y'alls opinions/input/help in making a decision. I have some Shine here in apple green. This wasn't my first color choice for this top (I had it from a previous purchase) so I ordered more. KnitPicks says they shipped it on December 27th but the tracking number is not working for me (I've emailed them twice about this with no response) so I have no idea when it is expected to arrive. The email they sent when the order shipped says delivery can take anywhere from 5 - 14 days. Of course, there was an official holiday in there so I'm sure that will affect delivery time, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should just go ahead and start Pivoli in the apple green. I can always make another one in another color later. What do y'all think? Start or wait?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you actually wear it in the apple green? If not, wait.

Otter said...

Hmmm...depends on how patient a person you are. Maybe keep yourself occupied with another project? Or go ahead and start with just practice in mind until the yarn you want finally comes.

Liz said...

if you like and would wear the green I say go for it. I'm totally impatient so I think that's what I'd do.

DomesticOverlord said...

Have you moved? Knit {ick did this to me once and it was because they kept delivering the yarn to my old address.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I would wear that color... but perhaps not as often.

Otter, I'm a pretty impatient person, although I've got plenty of other projects I could work on while I wait.

Domestic, nope, I haven't moved :-(

gaysknits said...

if you wait you'll have company because i haven't started mine yet either!!! too much going on this weekend and i'm trying to finish the ribbing on the neckline of another project...i'm so close to finishing it that i can't abandon it!!!