Friday, January 06, 2006

Hmmm

I'm loving the pictures of everyone's progress so far. I think seeing all the different yarns and colors is the best part of a KAL. I however, have little to show myself. I started last night. I did a tubular cast on for the first time using Amelia Raitte's fabulous tutorial. (It looked lovely-I don't think I can ever do a plain caston again!) I then did 3 more rows of 1X1 rib and started the raglan increases. About halfway through them I realized that the ribbing pulled the neck in way too much and just did not look right. I frogged it and now I'm thinking of sitting this one out. I love the pattern but I think the squarish look of the neck/sleeve area may not be all that flattering on my broad shoulders. I'm just not feeling into this project at the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say you try again... I think the neckline is flattering on just everybody I've seen it on! If at first you don't succeed... join a knit along ;-)

Liz said...

I think I will try again. Maybe another yarn would work and stick with the pattern. One of the LYS is having a 20% off sale on Rowan this week...