Monday, March 13, 2006

Run Off Vote

Hello Sexy Knitters! Here is the run-off poll for our top 5 patterns. Voting will run until 3:00 pm (central time) on Wednesday March 15th and we'll officially start the next knit along on April 1st. This will give us two weeks to get our supplies together. I did hear back from Cassie Rovitti about helping us with the re-calculations for a spring version of Tubey in a lighter weight yarn and she said she thought it would be easy enough to do but to keep in mind that a lighter weight yarn might not stretch the same way a worsted weight yarn stretches.

Also, I'd like to give y'all a little info about the Silk Corset Top before you vote. Please know that I already have a Silk Corset Top on the needles and would love nothing more than to finish it with y'all in a knit along, but I felt I should pass on a little information that y'all may not know. I'm not trying to discourage anybody from voting for this pattern, as it truly is an awesome pattern and a beautiful knit, but I think it's important to know that this pattern is approximately 12 pages long and includes 5 charts (although the written directions are also included -- personally I used both the chart and the written directions together). The pattern is well written (although several charts have been revised and errata published) and the pattern support that Annie provides is very good. There's nothing that I would consider "difficult" with this pattern, although it took complete concentration on my part to be able to knit it without "screwing up". This is just me though, and I've only been knitting a couple of years, so for those who are a bit more advanced, this may not be the case. It's what I would consider a challenging knit, which is fine with me but I just felt compelled to share this info with those who weren't aware. For those of you who have additional info or feel differently about this pattern, please feel free to post that information as well!


Choose Your Favorite

Silk Corset Top

Orangina

Tubey

Cardigan in Alpaca with Glitter

Somewhat Cowl

Free polls from Pollhost.com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Tubey: i have shyed away from this due to the wavet fit across the back in pics of fini tubey's on-line. Is this something that can be adjusted?

Hannah said...

I too am knitting the silk corset and agree that it is a challenging knit. I don't find any of the stitches difficult but it does truly require concentration. That said, I am still utterly in love with it. It's beautiful and certainly not monotonous. I promise not to cry if it doesn't win though. :) Really all of these patterns are rather nice.

Jonnie said...

I vote for the EASIEST!! Hmm, which one would that be?? Oh well, if it's too hard, I'll sit out and wait for the next.
ah

ICJ said...

Oh noooo! Not Oranginaaaaaaaaa...

Marji said...

LOL, this is getting to be a rather close neck-n-neck showdown isnt' it?

Margaret Feinberg said...

When do we get to see photos?

allisonmariecat said...

It's a nailbiter, isn't it? I can't stop checking the poll. I was not thrilled about Orangina at first, but after googling and seeing several finished ones, I think I'll like it.

I got a little excited, and ordered yarn for Orangina and Somewhat Cowl. Just what my yarn diet needs....

Lara said...

The suspense is killing me....I voted for The Somewhat Cowl. Please!!!

ICJ said...

I wanted the Cardigan in Alpaca with Glitter but I think the Somewhat Cowl would do...

But I know I will never wear that Orangina Top...unless I manage to change that neck edge because I think it is another roll up neck edge.

Check the photo closely... It is pretty obvious!

I keep checking the poll too and it makes me bite my fingernails and pull my hear off my head!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Y'all are too funny! I've made two Orangina's and I think whether or not the neck edge rolls depends a lot on what kind of yarn you use. If you use something you can "iron the crap out of" (as Grumperina puts it) you should be fine. I've made two of these -- the first one was from cotton which I could iron and this kept the neckline from rolling too badly, and the second was made from a synthetic fiber that couldn't be ironed and had to be blocked several times to keep the neck edge flat. It still wants to roll a little, but I think it is possible to keep the neck fairly flat if you iron it.

Kelly Kester said...

Orangina is nice but it just seems to similar (in looks) to Pivocoli. I realize it'd probably be a whole different knitting experience, but the FO looks very similar.

This is a tight one!

allisonmariecat said...

Re: 2007, That's so the post stays at the top, where everyone will see it right away.

Amy said...

I hope that the cowl wins, if only because I've already knit Orangina once. However, orangina is a great pattern. I used the cotton specified in the pattern and had a bit of trouble with the neckline sagging, but seaming a bit more across the shoulders helped a lot.

Heather said...

I really like the Somewhat Cowl. I think it's a great choice for a Sexy Knitter Knit-Along! Since I am just finishing up an internship and my graduate degree, I have not had much time to knit (my personal goal for the KnittingOlympics was one pair of socks which I didn't even finish!). I loved seeing everyone's Picovoli, which I plan to start after this last paper is turned in this weekend. Once that is finished (it's a present for my sister, so have to start and finish it first), I will definitely join whoever is knitting the Somewhat Cowl. It is going to feel great to be able to knit again!