Thursday, March 30, 2006

Howdy Y'all!!!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jan, I am 43 until next thursday (friday next week is my bday), married for just over 2 yrs now, have 3 sons, 1 dil, and 1 dgd who is the apple of my eye! I like knitting socks, but since the Knitting Olympics I have been addicted to lace! I live in a near constant state of confussion, ok so I live in Oklahoma ...same thing isn't it? (LOL)

I didn't think that I was all that sexy. But when my dh seen the link on another blog I was visiting, he insisted I join! So guess that's all the endorsement I need, eh!

I won't be doing either of tops in the currant KAL because I don't either one would look good on me. But if I might be so bold, I'd like to submit a substitute for those of who aren't doing the KAL. How about the "Tissue Tunic" ? I am planning on make this instead, not as a stand alone top but to go over tank tops. I thought maybe those who don't want to do the KAL, or a bit too afraid to do lace could this. You can find the pattern here http://www.ramwools.com/index.cfm?pageID=39&myPage=USramcatsprg06-15.html

Anyway, thanks for letting join.

5 comments:

knit_tgz said...

Oh, that's so great your husband finds you sexy :) The top is sexy! I am still thinking whether to knit some of the tops in the KAL or to knit other think.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan! May I suggest that you start a knit along for this top on a separate knit along site? It's gorgeous and I think a lot of people would love to knit it (myself included) however, I'm afraid if we get too many knit alongs all on the SKC, it will get a bit confusing. Starting a knit along is super easy and I'll be glad to show you how to get started if you'd like to email me directly. Also, be sure to let me know if you do start one so that I might sign up! yarnaholic1963@yahoo.com

Jan said...

jeanie if you'll help with the KAL, I am game! you should be getting an invite from blogger soon! thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Jan, I signed up for the knit along but it doesn't take me to a blog site. I'll help as much as I can but I'm a bit limited on what I can commit to right now. I'll be happy to get you started as best I can though. Also, I don't have an email or contact info for you. You might want to send me an email directly so that I have that. Thanks!

JustApril said...

state of confusion ='s Oklahoma! whaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa HHAAAAAA! I've spent LOTS of time in OK =) My fav camping spot is Broken Bow.