Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Response for Auntie Amanda on fit

I would find a sweater that fits her well in a yarn with a similar weight to the one you choose to you and measure it flat and unstretched to give you a guide for the end results you want to achieve with the pattern. Pay attention to whether the sweater you measure has ribbing or a less stretchy stitch and take that into account as well.

By the way, I tried about 25 times to post this under comments but couldn't get through the word verification. That happens to me a lot. Am I the only one? I usually decide my two cents isn't worth the effort and quit.

Lisa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

thanks Lisa...that is a great idea! I had a lot of problems with blogger today as well...

TheSteph said...

Yeah, I'm having problems, too... And my name is not showing in the sidebar :*(

Amanda said...

Did it today when I went to her house...I beat her home, so she did not even know I did it! I guess I will have to buy just a bit more yarn....