Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And The Winner Is???

WELL.... how exciting was this run off??? It was definitely a nail biter, that's for sure! Technically, the winner was the Somewhat Cowl with 30% of the votes, but Orangina came in a close second with 28% of the votes.

BUT. Since the vote was so close, the Sexy Knitters Club Board of Directors (Sarah and myself) has decided that this will be a double knit along of either the Somewhat Cowl or the Orangina patterns! Yes ladies, you can do EITHER pattern!!! Or better yet, do both!

The knit along will start on April 1st so get your supplies together now. Post ideas of what yarns you plan to use and progress pics when available. We'll have a drawing at the end of the knit along, which will probably be mid May. This gives us 6 weeks for this knit along, but we can extend it a bit if we need to, especially if most of you choose to knit both patterns. In fact, we'll have another drawing for those of you who DO choose to knit both! How's that? I just decided that right this second!!!

Remember, proceeds from the SKC merchandise goes towards our knit along drawing prizes so if you haven't already shopped in the SKC store, please be sure to check it out!

16 comments:

Julsey said...

I'm so excited...I started my ORANGE Orangina last summer and never finished it. Now I can work on it in April for the SKC AND Project Spectrum!

Woo hoo!

The Cope Family said...

Woo Hoo!
I just got the yarn for Orangina (Rowan 4-ply cotton in a pale pink) and I'm dying to make the somewhat cowl also! Can't wait to start and hopefully finish both :)

knitncycle said...

I think I might try for both since I really like both patterns. Now I'm off to see what yarn I'll use!

Lynda said...

I 2nd that Woo Hoo! I've been dying to make Orangina! I *should* be finished with Rogue by then!!

ICJ said...

WOOHOOO!!!

I am going to make the Somewhat Cowl in pale yellow as Project Spectrum is calling for Orange & Yellow for April, and I made my Picovoli in Apricot color already...

If I have time, I think more about making the so sexy Cardigan in Alpaca with Glitter than the Orangina!

Sorry but I really don't like the "encolure bateau" of that top!

If Orangina had won, I would have modified that neck edge somehow...

Tricotine
http://tricotine.blogspot.com

allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, both, both!!!

*runs off to order yarn*

DomesticOverlord said...

I have the pattern and the yarn for the Somewhat Cowel and now I have a reason to do it! I'll be using KP Andean Treasure in Embers.

KeanaLee said...

This is great, my first project with all of you fine knitters and I am so XCITED - I am doing Somewhat Cowl - I am getting married this July and plan on wearing this(with a pretty silk skirt) to me rehersal dinner. LOVELY! Thanks for having me.
*gotta go pick yarn*

KeanaLee said...

Ooohh I found my yarn for the Somewhat Cowl & it is Linie 135 Goby Yarn in color Seafoam. I had to drop down to sizes 4 & 3 needles but it has such a beautiful sheen to it I can't wait to wear it! I am looking forward to my first KAL! You can see picks of it on my blogpage!

TheSteph said...

Yay! I just bought the yarn for this and plan to cast on tonight! Amazing that we hip knitters are always thinking of making the same things at the same time!!! :)

Wow!

P.S. Hi Julsey! I just finished your KAL on craftster for the Anthro capelet. Nice pattern-writing, girlie.

Lick My Sticks said...

Eek! I'm torn!! I'm leaning on Orangina because the fit for Somewhat Cowl looks like it's not meant for my body. I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

Count me in for the Somewhat Cowl. I am actually able to use stash yarn! Woo hoo!

This will be a LOT easier than the gingham sweater I (almost) finished for the Knitting Olympics.

Anonymous said...

I want to do both!! Great picks.

Anonymous said...

Could we make our own buttons for the KAL?

kathyruth said...

I have been thinking of making Orangina for a while now and I would love to join.
kb1966@comcast.net

Alexis said...

Sexy knitters! this is awesome...how does one join?