Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm on board for this one!

I opted out on the Picovoli KAL (love the pattern, but the weather around here wasn't motivating me to do something sleeveless at the time), but I'm on board for this one. I've chosen the Somewhat Cowl and have been contemplating yarns. They have Alpaca & Silk at my LYS, but they don't have very many colors. Plus, a lot of people are worried about getting too hot in it, and living in Nashville, I should be worried about the same thing. I checked out the Peruvian Baby Silk at elann.com and may go with that. I have some Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere in my stash as well as some Classic Elite Premiere. Have no idea offhand about the Premiere's gauge, but I think it might have a good drape. Maybe I'll swatch this weekend.

I really like the Orangina too, and have some yarn that I was going to use in place of some Rowan 4ply Cotton for a different project years ago, but I only have 4 balls and my size calls for 5. I wonder if I could get away with it. I'd do the smallest size, so I wonder how much of the 5th ball is used. Anyone have any advice?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

1 comment:

Your Style Muse said...

If you go with the Peruvian Baby Silk, will you double it? Or is fingering weight right for the Somewhat Cowl? I get so confused still when subbing yarns - looked at DK and Sport Weight, primarily...but the colors on that Baby Silk are really quite pretty!