Thursday, March 16, 2006

KALs are FUN

I'm going to be knitting Orangina - much more appropriate for the climate this time of year! Knitpicks makes Shine in a sport weight now, exactly the same gauge as the Rowan 4-ply cotton called for the pattern (and cheaper) Can't wait to try my hand at lace!

EDIT: Okay, Shine Sport is not all that much cheaper because there is less yardage ber ball - in my size, it's about $10 more to get the Rowan. I so rarely buy the yarn actually called for the the pattern... should I splurge?

3 comments:

Liz said...

I would splurge. 10 isnt that much...you could try Jeanette's Rare yarn Ebay store. I got the yarn for Orangina for 33 total including shipping. She's great with shipping and customer service.

Anonymous said...

Go for it!! Rowan is wonderful to knit with!

mary said...

I thought the Rowan 4 ply cotton was fingering weight, not sport. In either case, I would still say to get the Rowan because it's such nice yarn to work with. Nothing like working a pattern with the same yarn as called for!