Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tubular Cast-on


This is my first KAL. I love it. I have read through everyone's post and have taken some advice already. I used Dena's suggestion for the tubular cast-on. It is the first time I have tried it. I turned out great. I am going to use it for all my ribbed edges in the future. Also, Penny's post regarding her swatches was very useful. I am using Elann Esprit and swatched with size 9 needles (per Penny's experience) After washing my 4" square swatch was 21 stiched to 29 rows. I am knitting it up on the size 9 needles. I am knitting the size 40. I am between 36-40 so I hope my difference in guage is going to work in my favor. Everyone's work looks great. Thanks for all your posts they keep me motivated.

3 comments:

Dena said...

Glad you liked the tubular cast-on. It was my first time too!

Melanie said...

hey!
I did the the tubular cast on also, and it was also my first time! I LOVE IT!
I have always hated the way my cast on row looks when I have done ribbing, this has been an answer to my prayers! (yes I pray about my knitting..you would too if you were me =) )

Penny said...

I'm glad my posting about the Esprit yarn helped! I have started my sweater in the TLC Cotton Plus, and will do a second one in the Esprit.