Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tempting II Knit Along Update

Good morning Sexy Knitters! Just wanted to update y'all on a few things regarding the current knit along. First, I'd like to compliment those of you who have posted your finished Tempting II's on the blog -- they look amazing! I'd also like to extend a heart-felt thank you to those of you who are so generous about sharing (and posting) your pattern modifications. Y'all are an awesome group!

Now let's talk "technical" KAL stuff. There will be two drawings at the end of this knit along -- anybody who completed a Tempting II is eligible to enter the drawing. Simply send me an email letting me know that you finished your Tempting II -- please include a pic or a link to a pic of the finished item and title the subject of the email "Tempting II Drawing". We will be giving away two more copies of the book Sexy Little Knits by Ashley Paige and the drawing will be held shortly after the end of the knit along (August 31st).

In mid-August, we'll start taking nominations for the next SKC knit along, so start thinking about which patterns you'd like to nominate. Feel free to post links to other sexy knits prior to the official nomination date, however these will not be considered "official" nominations unless they're reposted as such AFTER we officially start taking nominations. We'll take nominations for a week or two and will then vote in early September. Keep in mind that fall is right around the corner, so you might want to nominate "sexy but warm" patterns ;-)

That's all I can think of for now. Keep up the beautiful work!

10 comments:

Jan said...

I had an idea for next KAL, but it may not pass the vote. Anyway, here it goes.

Why not pick an easily obtainable yarn, and then let members pick their own patterns? Or pick a color family (i.e. yellows/oranges/reds or blues/purples/greens and so on) and let the pattern be knitter's choice.

Just a thought.

knittingnurse said...

Did I miss something? Where are the pattern modifications listed (and the completed tempting IIs). I don't see them posted here?

Marlene said...

Knittingnurse, scroll down....way down for some of them. This blog has a "hostess" feature that keeps the moderator's comments at the top. You have to scroll down to see what everyone else has been posting.

A number of Tempting II's are now done. There are also many helpful hints buried in the comments of the various posts.

Knitty Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Knitty Cat said...

Here's what I think we should knit next
http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-026
They use a silk yarn for the model, but say you can use any worsted weight yarn.

Knitty Cat said...

here's the last half of that link

SDS-026

gaysknits said...

i've missed not being a part of the sexy knitters this past kal but i'm getting ready with my ideas for the next kal & can't wait to see what every one picks for fall!

Fjellrosa said...

I think knitty cats pattern vote is just bautifull :-)

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Wow Knitty cat that is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been lurking on this site and just completed my tempting 11. I am very new to knitting and found all the hints here to be extremely helpful. I was able to modify the pattern and turned out a great sexy little sweater I'll be proud to wear. Thanks to everyone for giving me the courage to not be afraid to change the pattern. I also saved myself from doing any frogging by taking your great advice.

Thanks!!