Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tempting leftovers?


I live in a city where the downtown lights keep my apartment illuminated at night. I NEED my eye pillow thingies or else I'd never sleep! I am also trying to find tiny projects to use up remainder skeins. Here's a little project that uses 1/2 ounce of the remaining skein of Calmer from Tempting II and a 7-8 inch elastic band. I know the ladies here are creative and like to fatz with patterns, so feel free to use the basic premise as a jumping off point for better, prettier designs. Like switching to st st and doing an intarsia word across the front or adding some cabling or stuffing it with a lavender sachet or whatever. Here's my most primitive form. Please excuse the poor finishing. I don't pay much attention to things I'll never actually "see" when wearing it.

Calmer, 0.5 oz, 7-8 inch elastic band, US 6 needles
Make a 6 x 6 inch square - for me it was CO 38 sts, garter stitch for 6 inches.
Decrease row 1: k2 tog, k15, k2tog, turn (work only these stitches from here on)
Row 2: K
Row 3: k2 tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog
Row 4: k
Repeat rows 3 + 4 until you have 7 stitches
BO
Break yarn, return to second set of 19 stitches and repeat decreases. If you cast on a different amount, just make sure you're working half the stitches at a time during the decreases.
Fold 6 x 6 square in half, sew edges. It should now be 3 x 6 inches with the little under-eye patches hanging below. Sew the elastic band on each side and voila. (I only had an elastic beading cord available...It works better with your usual, thicker elastic.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for the pattern! I need one of those too (I'm a pretty light sleeper).

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! x

smug sheep said...

nice idea, thanks for sharing