Monday, July 10, 2006

The Old and The New

I have a few things to share with everyone today. The first is the old - my sister got her birthday present while we were on vacation a few weeks ago. She tried it on, and agreed she loved it! Yay!!! And this from the woman who begged me, a few years ago, not to EVER knit her anything she was supposed to wear. Yeah, well, looks like those socks I knit her that very same year worked well towards warming her heart, and now she's come to this:



Look at that smile. She's hooked. I'll knit Tubey for her for Christmas. She's got the rack, I mean "bod" for it! Then she'll never stop smiling!

And next, the new - I've cast on for my Tempting II. I also ordered a clasp last night online. Actually, I found two that I liked, so I ordered each. I'll post an update when they arrive and you all can help me decide which to use! Until then, here's my progress so far - about one full skein's worth of TLC (thanks, SP!) so far:

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Where did you find your clasps? Can you post the website? I've been trying to find one myself!

Heather said...

I got the clasps from MJtrim.com. They came in today! very speedy service. Sadly, though, I think I need to have more of the sweater done to get a good idea of which to use - I ordered both in tortoise shell, and one is a large oval, the other a big safety pin. I really like the idea of the safety pin, but we'll have to see once I get the neckline on. . .

check them out!