Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Knitting Tree

Well, we were in Madison, WI this weekend so we went to the Knitting Tree to look around and get some ideas for this KAL. I found a gorgeous yarn....bought a skein to see if I like it for this sweater or not. Why spend $14/skein if you hate it for this project, right?!? So far the swatch is coming out huge on the called for needles, so I will swatch again tomorrow on 6's and see how that looks. They told me it would be a great substitute, now I am wondering if that is so. It is beautiful--called Clip and is a shiny/shimmery RED--like look out here she comes kind of red. But my DH really liked it (I had thought black or deep blue/purple). Will let you know how it goes. :)

1 comment:

Estellika said...

Hello! I'm in the mad-city area too! We should meet at one of the local yarn or coffee shops and knit together!