Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tempting Pink

Here is my progress so far on the Tempting II. I have gotten to nearly 16 inches. I am making it an inch longer than the pattern calls for because I am a bit long waisted. I really like this yarn, Heirloom Breeze. It is springy and very soft.

I still haven't decided what kind of finish I want to use on the neckline. Still toying with a buckle, or button or just a simulated tie.

I have decided to run a lifeline through the top stitches before starting the neck band. I figure that way it won't be so difficult to take out and redo if the first or second or tenth attempt doesn't fit me correctly. I have also decided (as I, too, don't like knitting on dpns) to add an extra stitch to each end of each sleeve and knit them flat on a circular needle until it is time to join them to the body. A small seam along each sleeve doesn't bother me nearly as much as dpns do!

5 comments:

Oblivia said...

Ahhh! Good idea on the lifeline on the top stitches.

Sherri said...

Great idea!!!!

The Boot said...

Ooo! Good call on knitting the sleeves flat. Maybe I'll try that for the second one.

Lookin' good!

Jonnie said...

I haven't heard of the "lifeline" before. What does that mean and how do you do it? I don't know what it is but I bet it's something I could use!

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

A lifeline is running a small gauge yarn through all of the stitches (while still on the needles) before you go on to the k2tog part. If it isn't the right decrease formula for your particular body, you can rip back without having to agonize over all of the stitches being the right way or even losing any. Mostly lifelines are used by lace knitters, as the patterns are very involved and over a row of 400 or more stitches!