Monday, July 31, 2006

Anyone got a lighter?

For better or for worse here is my personal contribution to finished Tempting II's. Despite throwing it in the washer and dryer, sticking a hot iron on it, and leaving it out over night for the cat to play scratch post with, it is still wearable! And yes, I used the Calmer.

Granted, it is a tad see through, a bit large, and the neckline is a bit crooked 'cause of my join. I had a pretty buckle all ready to go but it ripped the yarn up something awful when I tried to attach it...beware of sharp edges fellow knitters with buckles! =)

I kind of like it backwards, the neckline looks smoother definately. The only thing is, do the buttons look stupid on the back? Shoould I get rid of them or leave them?


lol! What a face. My photographer was having a good time taking "candid" shots!

I guess Im ok with it. It is not my best work. If I were grading it I would give it a C+. Although for durability it get's an A. I bet I could set a torch to the thing and it would still turn out!
I may try this pattern again sometime, but I would definately do it at a tighter gauge!

9 comments:

Kati said...

I think you did a nice job. All that 1X1 is certainly a trial. Did you do your swatch in rib or in stockinete? I did mine in stockinette and last night I got it out to look at, because my Tempting is seeming very see through. Now I wish I would have listened to my instincts and gone with a swatch in ribbing to see how this would turn out. Because I am not frogging 12 inches on 1X1 ribbing!

The Boot said...

Looks great! The color is beautiful with your skin!

Michelle B said...

Love the color! What size needle did you use? I think it looks better than you think! We are always our own worst critics!

Marji said...

I have a theory about this Calmer yarn. It's not your knitting that isn't your best work, it's the Calmer. Some yarns just even out and make everyone look like heroes (Karabella Aurora 8 comes to mind), some yarns look good only if knit with very consistent tension (most cottons) and some yarns look wonky and as if you've just learned to knit no matter how experienced you are, how consistent your tension is. I think Calmer falls in the latter category. I think it's supposed to look "hand knit" as in uneven stitches all over the place.
I don't think it's you or your knitting. Congrats on finishing it.

Marji said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! You did a great job!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks everyone for you nice comments. I did my swatch in stockinette. With all the swatches I did I should have done a ribbing one too.
I used size 7 needles for the body and then switched to size 5 to do the last few rows of the neck and the band.

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

You've got me beat, girl! I haven't knit in over 2 weeks because of the moving. I swear I will knit on Saturday!
That color is great on you, by the way.

Estellika said...

I like your tempting. It's so hot here where I am I wish I had a few more looser, nice tops to wear for these dog days. I like the buttons and think you should leave them on the back. They are a nice accent, and your short hair shows them off:)