Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One More Wicked! Finally!

Hello everyone, this is my first post to the SKC since I finally decided to officially join after lurking on the site for a few months. I did knit Wicked along the the KAL, my first sweater - also my first wearable item other than a scarf! Now I am off and running. I can't seem to stop looking at yarn, dreaming about what I'm going to make next!



(Please ignore my messy kitchen, it seems I knit more than I clean now! Oooops)
(My six year old took the picture for me, not bad considering the camera was almost as big as she is!)

I used Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in Moss Green and US size 8 needles.
I added an inch to the length and a few decreases to the waist. I also had to decrease a few stitches on the arms because I had to pick up a few stitches to close a hole in the armpitt that formed when I joined the sleeves. Is this normal? I couldn't find any info in the pattern so I don't know if I did something wrong. That was definately the most challenging part of the sweater - picking up those stitches. I'm satisfied with the end result, but if anyone knows any tips/tricks to the proper way to do it, please let me know! I really want to learn. My next project will be Rusted Root, and I'm ordering Cotton Fleece in Candy Apple for it. My LYS isn't that great, so I'm ordering a lot of my yarn online, and living in Canada, it takes a while to get here from the States. I have to be patient I guess! Take care everyone!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I am so impressed by all of these new knitters. I've been at this since I was eight and I know that I wasn't ready for sweaters until my mid-twenties and with a lot of stitch practice under my belt. Hats off to both the first-time wicked gals!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Wicked came out great! I didn't do Wicked, but I am doing Sahara. Great of you to finally delurk & show us your skills.

Michelle B said...

Wicked is great! Love it and the color!!!

Mandy said...

Beautiful!!!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knittymuggins said...

Your sweater looks beautiful - especially for being your first one! I'm knitting Rusted Root (I started it way before this KAL and am going to have to frog it....) in Candy Apple Cotton Fleece too :) Best of luck and hope you get your yarn soon! BTW: I think your little one took a great pic of you!

Anonymous said...

Great sweater!

I am also in Canada and I usually have to purchase my yarn online as well as my 2 local yarn stores are not so great. I found an online store in Ontario though that sells Brown Sheep cotton fleece. Check out lindascraftique.com

CaveGurl said...

Your Wicked looks great! It sounds like you have been bitten by the Knitting Bug! LOL Welcome to the club!

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone for such nice comments...you make me blush! Heehee.

Gigi - thanks for website I'm gonna go check it out now!

MRS MJW said...

Your Wicked looks very nice.