Friday, March 16, 2007

introduction...and nomination for KAL


Hi there, sexy knitters!
I'm delighted to join the group, and I'm sorry I missed the Wicked KAL, as I've been drooling over that pattern for a while. My name is Shannon, and I'm a Californian living in southern Vermont. I'm cold, so my current project is the Mohair Cables Pullover from the book Alterknits. I'm enjoying my recent discovery that cables are not, in fact, frightening. I think it's a damn sexy sweater, and to the right is a pic of the WIP.

I'm a spinner, with a website to be launched on april 4. you can find me and my wares at: http://www.thespunmonkey.com, and i have a blog at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/thespunmonkey

Anyway, I'd love to put in a vote for Rusted Root as the next KAL. I'm sure it will be warm enough to wear short sleeves soon, right??? I'm also quite in love with the Sasha skirt that i saw a few posts back. It's lovely, looks like a blast to knit, and it would be fun to see how everyone makes it their own.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: