Friday, March 30, 2007

Another newbie introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I live in Townsville in tropical north Queensland, Australia. I am mum to 2 kids, Reigan (girl, 9) and Asher (boy, 4). My passion is hand embroidery - wool, silk ribbon, bullion, fine thread, stumpwork but I've rediscovered a love for knitting and crochet. I've not long returned to these (knitting and crochet, that is) after discovering the numerous beautiful projects available on the web. It's so much easier to knit or crochet when we're driving.

I've been reading this blog for a while, but was excited to see Sahara as the next KAL and was tempted to join up finally. I'm nearly finished a jumper for DH and I've been dithering about my next project. Trying to decide between it, SKB and Rowan's Butterfly. This decided me. I've had the yarn and pattern since Christmas and I can't wait to start. I'll be doing mine in Rowan's Summer Tweed. I think the colour's called Summer Berry, a deep red. I swatched last night and am waiting for it to dry to check gauge. Roll on April 1!

Karen

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Karen - Glad to see you figured it out! I'm a SAHM to 2 kids as well (Hayden, 4 and Lainey, 1). Can't wait to see your Sahara. I love Summer Tweed. Had plans to swatch mine yesterday, but my #6 KnitPicks Options needles wouldn't tighten down. They're sending a replacement, so I'm on hold. Went ahead and started Green Gable by Zephyr to fill up my time.

Jenn