Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All set to go!

Greetings fellow sexy knitters!

This will be my first KAL and I can't wait to start. I have both patterns for Rusted Roots and Sahara, but have never attempted Sahara. Perhaps it's the way that the Sahara instructions are presented (does anyone else find the crammed pages a little overwhelming?) that has prevented me from trying it, but this knit along is just the thing I needed to get me started on it! I 'm still debating if I made the right decision, but I decided to splurge on the Tilli Tomas yarn (in dark purple), so I am really hoping that Sahara turns out nice.

Can't wait to start!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Tip I learned from my Aunt. Make a few copies of the pattern and cut them out and tape them on a new page in an order that flows better for you. Place the special pattern info together too, so that you can get to it quick. The pictures can be at the end or the beginning, your choice. Then slip the pages into page protectors. Sounds silly, but get yourself a grease pencil and you can circle the numbers that go with your size and they are easy to spot since they are now circled. When your done with the project, make notes of any changes or thoughts and place them with the pattern. Clean off the grease pencil and the page protectors are ready for a new pattern. I tend to leave the pattern in the protectors if I think that I'll make the pattern again. I just make sure that I clean off the grease pencil. I have a great 5" thick three-ring binder that I have organized for patterns. Hope that this helps some one else as much as it has helped me over the years.

Kelly said...

Thats a great idea. I have a friend who does that but uses index cards then she put them on ring. I was thinking of just using a notebook and writing out anything I found hard to follow.

Rachael said...

I made a copy & cut out just the instructions, leaving all the distracting information out, taped it on a separate sheet of paper, then I enlarged it to 120% and now it looks like a normal pattern! I will copy my original copy close by to reference, but it's SO much easier to read without all that busyness and with slightly larger print.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! Those are some great ideas and I'll try it out.