Saturday, March 03, 2007

Nomination: Al-Araaf Lace Wrap Cardigan

I'd like to nominate the Valley Yarns Al-Araaf Lace Wrap Cardigan from WEBS. (Note: Scroll down to near the bottom of the page for the pattern.) The pattern is free with purchase of the yarn, or $1.99 if you buy just the pattern.

The wrap style gives you a custom fit around the chest and the lower lace section flows gracefully around your figure. There's a sample of this cardigan at WEBS so I've been able to see it on many people. It manages to look great on many different body shapes. And FYI, the Deerfield yarn suggested in the pattern is a luscious blend of baby alpaca and silk the drapes beautifully.



12 comments:

Lara said...

I really, really love this. I think it is perfect for any season - especially spring and summer. It has my vote!

Anna said...

Wow, this is a really beautiful design.

Sherri said...

I already have this pattern .....

Melanie said...

Wow!
I really love this pattern. I am a sucker for wrapped tops I must say...so flattering for so many body types.
This is one of my faves!

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing this one for a while! Great choice I think. Is it really $1.99 though, or do they charge "shipping?" I tried once adding this to my cart at WEBS and it came up with something around $5 for shipping.

I know they only charge actual shipping for yarn, but is their minimum tacked on for just a pattern?

Knittymuggins said...

Even though I nominated Sahara already, I love this one too! And I've already got the pattern for this one.... yay!

Jeanie said...

How many skeins of this Deerfield yarns does the pattern call for? I clicked on the Deerfield and the pattern link and couldn't find that info anywhere.

Jeanie said...

Oops, nevermind. I found it.

Valley Yarns Knitting Patterns 130 Al-Araaf Wrap, size 33,36 (39,41) 44,47in. , 7,8 (9,9) 10,11sks Deerfield Ballet Slipper

Dena said...

I'll check on the shipping charges for just a pattern. My guess is the most it would be is the equivalent of a first class stamp.

jeaniebeanie said...

I'm warming up to this. It really is a beautiful pattern. I could wear it for work or play.

Anonymous said...

this is really lovely on the dress form, i'd knit it!

Missamite said...

This one gets my vote. You could wear it with anything.