Sunday, March 04, 2007

Multi-Wicked


I know the KAL is over, but I liked knitting Wicked so much that I made three: one in a solid navy merino, one apple-green for my mom, and this one with spaced dyed Koigu. I'm not always crazy about the way Koigu stripes, so I knit this Wicked with two strands: one of KPPPM multi of purple, pinks, grays, and black....the second of an almost-solid KPM purple. The solid purple softened the striping, and I ended up with a soft, cushy, 4.5stitches/inch sweater--- new favorite of mine.

I often avoid striping of space-dyed yarn with slip-stitch patterns, but using two strands (one being a solid) really worked for me on this Wicked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favortie wicked yet, love the look of the two yarns!

Sherri said...

WOW! Stunning!

Carissa B said...

This is your official invitation to add your photo to our Wicked KAL flickr group!