Friday, April 20, 2007

Rusted Root Progress

Slowly but surely, it's coming along. I'm using Cotton Fleece in Terracotta Canyon, which is slightly less orange than it looks in the pictures.

rustedrootprogress.jpg

It fits! It fits!

I'm doing a hybrid of the small and medium, mostly following the instructions for the small, but did the neckline and sleeve increases of the medium so I'd have plenty of poof in the sleeves. I was originally going to do the medium as-is, and I'm glad I didn't, because it would have been huuuuuge on me.

I replaced the lace panel with a banana tree cable, so that I would be able to wear it without a shirt underneath.

IMG_3926.JPG

Apologies for the, er, rather un-professional photography. Heh.

5 comments:

Emilee said...

That looks great! Good idea to replace the lace with a solid feature.

Octopus Knits said...

I love the poofiness of the sleeves and your cable pattern instead of lace -- you are doing a great job!

LEO said...

Oh, I LOVE your idea on the sleeves. I definitely wish mine were a little poofier, but not enough to rip back!

Cyn said...

Thank you!

I got the idea of modifying the sleeves from the Craftster Rusted Root thread; some people there found that they were losing the poofyness. I think the best part of the pattern is the poofy sleeves, so I didn't want to lose them!

Carissa said...

Looks good! Don't forget to add it to our flickr group pool:
SKC Rusted Root KAL on fickr lives here