Monday, April 30, 2007

Sahara!




Yay! Sahara’s done! I LOVE it! It was so easy to make & it fits perfectly.

The specs:
-Sahara pattern, size M
-8 balls of Classic Elite Premiere in 5215 (Meadow Grass). I have a bunch of leftovers; 7 balls might have been enough, but I didn’t want to weave in unnecessary ends, so I would start a new ball whenever I started a new section (i.e. each sleeve, the neckline, etc.).
-size 7 Knit Picks Options for the body (great for cotton yarn, BTW) and size 5 for the lace. I had to bring my Denise set out of retirement for the sleeves because the KP set doesn’t have any short cords.
-Started 4/9; finished 4/28
-Mods: none really, but I did a little trickery on the neckline bind-off. I bind off REALLY tightly, so I bound off with a US 10.5 needle up the front until I got to the back of the neck. Then, I did a sewn bind off on the back of the neck, and then picked up the 10.5 again for the other side of the front. That way, the chain looks neat & pretty, but doesn’t pinch the back of my neck. I did the sewn bind off on the waist and the arms as well.

3 comments:

grrmrgal75 said...

I love it! I don't know why everyone is so scared of the "plunging neckline". Yours looks fabulous without being so 'deep'! I can't wait to get mine finished....now if life would just let me work on it some more.....

Kelly said...

Its so beautiful!! I just have to do the sleeves and mines done. I like the length of your sleeves. Great job!!

Romi said...

I love it! It looks great on you. :)