Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Beginning of Sahara Short Sleeves

This is the beginning of the first of two Sahara sweaters that I plan to make. This one is the short sleeve version in Rowan’s All Season Cotton in the color Misty. I am using size US 8 and 6 needles instead of the recommended US 6 and 4.

I have to admit that I did have some problems at first with the provisional cast on, but I think I did ok. I decided to omit some of the decreases at the waist in the pattern to obtain a better fit for me. So far, so good! My goal is to hopefully finish this sweater before my birthday in May. At the rate I’m going, I think that is a realistic goal.

No comments: