Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another Rusted Root Question

Hello again ladies!

Sorry to have so many questions, but none of my friends knit, you are all I have!!! Here is my question:

When you are repeating row one throughout the pattern it says to "...insert lace pattern here....,pdm, M1, K1, slm, K1, M1....." As you repeat the pattern you will have extra stitches (from previous M1's) between the pdm and slm. I hope this make sense...I am wondering whether I should be doing the M1 right after the pdm, or if I should wait till 1 stitch before the slm (since there are more stitches now than in the original row between the markers). I'm on row 11, so if I have to rip back, I'd like to know now. I have been doing the M1 right after the pdm, and then just knitting to the next marker, but I have a feeling I'm wrong because I'm thinking the increases won't match up in the same place on either side.

Anyways, I hope I haven't been too confusing, and any insight would be greatly appreciated as my Rusted Root is now going to be on hold until I can figure it out!

Thanks!
Shannon

5 comments:

Cyn said...

Oooh, someone just asked me almost the exact same thing on Craftster, and that row one instruction is totally misleading if you're not used to top down raglans.

Every time you repeat row one, you should think of the instructions as "... insert lace pattern, slm (the lace panel marker), k to 1 stitch before next marker, m1, k1, slm (the sleeve marker), k1, m1..."

So the m1 comes 1 stitch before the sleeve marker, and NOT after the lace marker.

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for replying so quickly! Now I know I have to rip back and start over...at least I can do it with a good chunk of the afternoon remaining! My brain hurts from thinking about it so hard! Heehee!

jeaniebeanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeaniebeanie said...

Thanks Shannon for asking that question and to Cyn for clearing that up. I just realized (45 rounds into it) that I have to start over again. I knew something wasn't right and I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

jenn said...

That happened to me too (this is my top down raglan) but I caught it only a few rows in so I didn't have to rip back. But yeah, those directions were really confusing to a sweater newbie like me.